Ten Top Twitter Tips
One thing you probably know about Twitter: Lady Gaga has the most followers (well over 18 million at the last count!)
One thing you probably didn’t know about Twitter: 42% of users are aged between 30 and 49. Not only that, they are likely to be educated professionals.
So, even if you’re not a fan of Lady Gaga, you should almost certainly be using Twitter as part of your marketing strategy.
Twitter is a microblogging site where users broadcast their status in 140 characters. However unlikely it sounds, Twitter has transformed the way businesses communicate and is part of a larger revolution where communication has become a two-way stream and user-generated content is king.
Twitter can be used to build awareness of a brand or business, it can be used to generate sales leads, and it can be used to retain customers.
It is also crammed full of jargon such as retweets, at mentions and hashtags. Don’t let that put you off though, once you get the hang of it, it can even be fun!
To help you make the most of it, here are some tips:
- Decide what you want out of it – set some objectives
- Commit and use it regularly
- Be yourself – twitter users can sniff out a fake!
- Don’t sell or shout
- Engage – have conversations
- Add value – provide useful information
- Mind your manners – always say thank you
- Help people
- Add some personality
- Measure the results – are you meeting your objectives?